1. Getting more ~~radical by the day. Awesome. Last night I almost got into a fight with a fellow driver who requested the transit cops come on his bus to do a fare check (which resulted in three people being pulled off the bus and ticketed/who knows what-all). I just. Is that really why he became a bus driver? To assist cops in the harassment of people who can't/don't pay to ride the fucking bus? To be a snitch
2. So I found out that Teen Wolf fandom kind of sucks. I'm sad and annoyed about this, for many reasons. Mostly because it always saddens and annoys me when I discover people being racist assholes. I sort of assumed that there were people out there being just as enthusiastic about Scott and ships involving Scott (and, to a lesser extent since he is
a secondary character, Danny) as I was over here being enthusiastic about...other things. But no. Not really. Just a lot of people being egregiously racist in the service of Derek/Stiles and acting like giant dickbags when they get called on it. Fantastic, fandom. Well done.
Trying to find other folks to get fan things from, but Tumblr is hard (my kingdom for a mechanism enabling friending memes, jfc) and the people who are doing the calling out are problematic in other ways (kink/sex negativity and "there IS SO a wrong way to be an abuse survivor!!!" ways, generally). And so young
, gawd. I think even if I wasn't born forty, I'd feel that way. It's hard to believe I was seventeen in fandom once. Long, long ago. When all 'round here was green fields.
3. I think I had another thing to say, but--oh right! I'm having lunch with my mom and her parents next week so I can come out to them (my grandparents). Apparently my aunt is also coming, as my mom's back-up, because my mom already told her. I know my mom has a tricky and difficult relationship with her parents. I know she's worried that they're going to be judgey assholes at her and nice to me. I know these things. I'm still pissed she outed me to my aunt without my consent, and that she's making my transition
about her (even if it's in self-defense). MY MOTHER. MY FUCKING MOTHER. Gah.
4. And after that I'm getting my ears pierced with a friend at a new, awesome shop next to my doctor's office. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to the tattoo artist I want to do my next tattoo at the same time.
5. And then it's Halloween!!!!!!!!!! I don't have a costume yet. Ruh-roh.This is a DW-origin crospost, oh noes. Please comment on the original post here. There are currently comments.